Friday, November 17, 2006

Migraines....what do they look like?

Found this on the web.... as I was trying to get some new info re: the dreaded migraine.


This is
Mark Fitzgerald's vision (of his aura) at the onset of a migraine.

So amazing to me, because this is what I see.... only mine is a bright pink superglowing blob. Pink isn't even a good word....Magenta....a pulsating, glowing, neon Magenta blob. When I see this blob, I know what is coming.... Oh God.


I haven't found any new information.... but these are some of my own ideas about my migraines.
1. They are not 'cyclic'... the only cycling I do is on an exercise machine and I actually don't do that either.
2. They don't seem to be food related. As in, Chocolate, Cheese, Wine.....the big three of the migraine culprits....
3. Stress? maybe... who knows. We all tend to make our own stress, outside factors only exacerbate what makes us anxious
4. For some reason, I feel quilty getting them, as if I caused them somehow. As if I'm being melodramatic with the vomiting and sleep of the dead. As if I'm looking for attention .
5. Pity the poor husband standing by, especially when he wants to do something for you....and you just want to be left alone....in a dark room....with four pillows on your head.

KT is starting a Detox Diet (to rejuvenate her cells and ultimately 'feel' better). I'm pretty sure yesterday's migraine was from just thinking about her detox diet.

I bow to you KT. SmileyCentral.com

No comments: